Hampshire Mills Group
HOME
Up
MILLS BOOK
LIBRARY
LISTED MILLS
MILL HISTORY
HMG ACTIVITY
NEWSLETTERS
SNIPPETS
MILLS OVERSEAS
CONTACT
LINKS

 

 

Botley Mills

 
   
Flour mills have existed in Botley for over a 1,000 years. This mill at the end of the High Street has been here since at least the 11th century. Between 1536-1775 the mill was owned by the Duke of Portland, the oldest part dates from 1770. In the early 19th century, the mill also included a coal wharf, today the mill is a craft and business centre. The model horse of the mill roof was used by local residents during their protests over the closure of the local branch of Lloyds Bank when they paraded the horse lying on its back through the village.

Open during the week by prior arrangement (donation box)
OS map ref: SU 516131
email administration@botleymills.co.uk
 

Botley Mills

Winchester Street
Botley
01489 782202

Photo & text: David Packman from Hampshire Cam

The information on this page is from this web site.

 


HOME ] Up ] MILLS BOOK ] LIBRARY ] LISTED MILLS ] MILL HISTORY ] HMG ACTIVITY ] NEWSLETTERS ] SNIPPETS ] MILLS OVERSEAS ] CONTACT ] LINKS ]

horizontal rule

Copyright 2017 Hampshire Mills Group
Registered as a Charity - 1116607